Some NNJVMC Rules for the Betterment of All
- Planting of any kind will not be permitted on graves.
- Pets are NOT permitted on the property.
- Service animals are permitted.
- Floral arrangements accompanying the casket or urn at the time of burial will be placed on the completed grave. They will be removed when they become unsightly or when it is necessary to facilitate cemetery operations such as mowing.
- Fresh-cut flowers and artificial flowers may be placed on graves at any time of the year. They will be removed and disposed of when they become unsightly or when it becomes necessary to facilitate cemetery operation such as mowing.
- The cemetery will provide a flower cone for display of fresh cut or artificial flowers.
- During the lawn mowing season and ground maintenance season, all floral items will be removed from graves weekly. The only exception will be during Memorial Day and Veterans Day holiday weeks.
- Containers such as pots, baskets, etc are not permitted.
- Potted plants will be allowed on graves for a period extending 10 days before and 10 days after Easter Sunday.
- Christmas Wreaths and other seasonal adornments may be placed on graves from December 1 through January 20th.
- Statues, vigil lights, glass objects of any nature and any other type of commemorative items are not permitted on graves at any time.
- Floral items and other types of decorations will not be secured to the markers.
- All items placed on grave sites become the property of the NNJVMC and will be disposed of under applicable regulations. NNJVMC is not responsible for flowers after they have been placed on grave sites. Flowers are placed at their own risk, they will not be replaced by the cemetery if they are damaged, lost or stolen.
Floral Regulations (PDF)